This was originally posted over on my tumblr, pre-WordPress, but I think it deserves inclusion here. I turned 25 last month, and drawing inspiration from Christina Rosalie’s blog, I decided to start making yearly goals for myself. I’m doing this for two reasons – One, to make more meaningful the passage of time. Two, to help me remain focused, energized, and inspired to do the things that matter most.
Here you go – my 25 in 25. Keep me honest, okay?
spend at least 24 hours exploring somewhere new all by myselfDone. freelanceTo my shock, done!
- screen print the liquids series (or the mountain series)
do yoga through the winter
- run the full Spartan Beast As you know, attempted.
- finish reading Ulysses I gave up.
- run a sub-9 minute 5k race without wanting to vomit afterwards (unless it’s a really sub-9 minute 5k in which case, go ahead. vomit all over your shoes. you deserve it.)
- finish writing #muse
hike Mt Mansfield
- make a website
- get on a plane & go visit someone you haven’t seen in a long time. hug them.
learn to sing & play one song on the guitar. play it for someone.I actually completed this the day after my birthday. I played Crane Wife 3 for Rebecca.
- ski Tuckerman Ravine again. without falling this time.
find another 4-leaf clover remember the birthdays of everyone in your immediate family
- brew more beer
- take an art class
get business cards
- paint. start small.
- submit an article to a magazine
- attend a poetry slam
work on that “not being a morning person” thingI’m still no morning person, but enjoying early hours more and more bike 20+ miles stop being on ‘income adjusted’ student loan repayment plan
- get a dog
Obviously “get a dog” is the most important thing on this list.