My birthday stalked me like a catamount this year. Following my footsteps and tire marks across the Green Mountains and through the midwestern plains. I’m a little surprised it found me at all.
Do you know they say the brain doesn’t fully mature until age 25? Have you felt it – your gray matter settling into one place? The connections solidifying, their assertions becoming fixed? The simple fact that you really don’t do stupid shit anywhere near as often anymore? I’ve felt it. I swear.
So. My birthday list. 27 things I’d like to do this year for no other reason than Why Not.
1. See divvi (my primary freelance
obsession project) launch
2. Travel with Rob
3. Ski Loveland
4. Make a soufflé
5. Watch the next season of Dr Who (The 12th Doctor!)
6. Read Man’s Search for Meaning
7. Get my ring fixed
8. Become a Colorado resident (yes, I know. I still have to do this.)
9. Learn to play at least two songs on the ukulele
10. Play tennis with Mom
11. Have divvi break 1,000 FB likes
12. Go to a meditation class
13. Try pole fitness
14. Become a regular at Ozo
15. Make or build a physical object
16. Mountain bike
18. Complete one full draft of Galatea
19. Join a club
20. Finish Rosetta Stone (French)
21. Travel for work
23. Do yoga regularly (+ once a week)
25. Go rock climbing
26. Pay off 1 student loan
27. Keep waking up early.
To be honest, I’m surprised I completed as much of last year’s list as I did. I’m under the impression that these lists are less to be completed than to look back and realize how far I’ve come.
And just because I’m a ripe ol’ 27 doesn’t mean I am going to stop getting irrationally excited about museums. Particularly when they involve model camels to sit upon.
What do you want to do this year?